Your Moving Checklist
Moving is one of those things that can take twice as long and cost twice as much if you don’t plan ahead. That’s why Reliable Moving, your top choice for a friendly Seattle moving company since 1996, would like to provide you with some free tips!
When you assess your needs beforehand, then adopt and stick to a packing/moving strategy, you will be able to move out of your old place and settle into your new place as smoothly as possible.
When you still have a few weeks before the moving date…
If you are going to move, you would probably know weeks or even month in advance. As soon as the decision is made, start planning and picking off the little tasks that can be done before the big move. Every little thing adds up and will make things less stressful at crunch time. Before you even pack a box, you can clean out your closets/storage/garage and donate or sell items you don’t need or want. Then, you can start packing up out-of-season items and non-essentials.
As you get closer to your move date you will want to…
- Schedule your movers*
- Get packing supplies
- Forward your mail / change your address
- Turn off utilities at your old place, and turn on utilities at your new place
- Change the address for your car and renters’/home owners’ insurance*Let’s talk about scheduling movers here for a minute. You might have some great buddies with big trucks who would love to move you across town for pizza, beer, and the pleasure of your company, but consider the benefits of professionals that have been in the business for 19 years to take care of your possessions!
Why Reliable Moving is your choice for Seattle Moving Services:
- We show up on time and will not leave until the job is fully completed
- Your possessions will be handled with all the right equipment: hand trucks/boxes/blankets/tarps/a covered truck
- Your move will be fast, timely, efficient, and our workers will always stay on task